If Flo shuts off water to a home, it has most likely taken action due to a critical condition, like prolonged water use or high rate of water flow. Check your alert history to see why the water was shut off. Once it is safe to do so, turn your water back on through your Flo Mobile App. To do this, access the Control Panel from the menu, tap or slide the on / off switch at the bottom of the screen to allow water to flow back into the home.
Articles in this section
- My device is stuck in sleep mode, what do I do?
- What’s the difference between Home, Away, and Sleep modes?
- What happens if the power goes out, will I still have water?
- Does the Flo device integrate with other smart home devices?
- Will the plumber charge me extra if he comes back to inspect a leak that Flo detected?
- What do I do if I can’t manually turn the backup valve and my water is stuck in the off position?
- Can I install a Flo device in a home with a well system?
- Can this device survive in hard water conditions?
- My exterior outlet is too far to reach the Flo device, is it okay to use an extension cord?
- I don’t have an exterior outlet. Where can I plug in my Flo device?