In the event of a leak on your home’s hot water line, if a re-circulating pump is present and no water is flowing through the pump, the pump may encounter some damage. Some re-circulating pumps will turn themselves off if there is no water in the line to prevent overheating and damage. Please refer to your re-circulating pump’s manual or guide to see if has this feature.
Articles in this section
- My device is stuck in sleep mode, what do I do?
- What’s the difference between Home, Away, and Sleep modes?
- What happens if the power goes out, will I still have water?
- Does the Flo device integrate with other smart home devices?
- Will the plumber charge me extra if he comes back to inspect a leak that Flo detected?
- What do I do if I can’t manually turn the backup valve and my water is stuck in the off position?
- Can I install a Flo device in a home with a well system?
- Can this device survive in hard water conditions?
- My exterior outlet is too far to reach the Flo device, is it okay to use an extension cord?
- I don’t have an exterior outlet. Where can I plug in my Flo device?